Friday, April 15, 2016

Drone Pilot's Handbook gets you up and hovering

4/15/2016

I don’t yet own a drone, but I will. And when I do, I’ll be a better pilot because I will have read The Drone Pilot’s Handbook.

Adam Juniper’s book it not an aircraft flight manual. It’s more of an lightweight introduction to the one of America’s fastest-growing hobbies. In simple language, it explains how drones work and how us earthbound pilots can keep them aloft and out of trouble.

The book covers the basics from Ground School (telemetry, line of sight and controllers) and Piloting Skills (battery care, pre-flight prep) to Missions (photography, racing) and Safety (wind, birds and airspace restrictions).

Juniper dispenses with each topic in just a few paragraphs and there are sections where I would have welcomed a little more details, especially on the state of current rules covering drone flights. But the handbook’s task is to get novice drone pilots up and hovering and it succeeds nicely.

The Drone Pilot’s Handbook, published by Ilex, is scheduled to be released May 5 with a list price of $12.99. Pre-orders are being accepted at Amazon.








z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top