Thursday, December 22, 2016

Free dating service may be road to romance

12/22/2016

There was no Internet when I was young and single, so my search for romance typically took me to bars, business events and social gatherings. I have no complaints about the outcome of my search, but I can understand why singles today like to cast a wider net.

That’s easy to do with the growing assortment of dating apps, services and websites. One recent arrival is ane.lt, a free dating app and website that can connect users with other in their home community or many miles away.

Users can register with an user name or email address and password or sign in with their Facebook account. Once they are approved by the site administrator, they can post a profile and start browsing other user profiles.

A search form asks users to enter their gender and whether thy want to connect with males or females. Other questions ask them to specify their ethnicity, appearance, lifestyle (clubs, outdoors, music etc.) and their smoking and drinking frequency.

The service then presents a collection of profiles that match their interests. If someone they see piques their interest, they can contact that person and see where things go from there.

When I checked the available profiles a few days ago, the potential dating pool showed a wide variety of different ages and interests.

The ane.lt service is available through both a website and an Android app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.  



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top