Friday, July 3, 2015

Grip Dat makes phone photos safe and stable

7/03/2015

When I got a new Canon Rebel camera a few years ago, the first accessory I bought was a hand grip. It not only lets me focus and shoot, it also lets me keep a firm grip on an expensive piece of equipment.

Now that I use my mobile phone more often for stills and videos, it should have the same sort of protection. The new Grip Dat looks like just what I need.

Grip Dat is a selfie stick that has multiple functions. It works with any mobile phone - and the GoPro video camera - to provide a secure handle for taking one-handed photos or videos. It has a monopod base clip with adjustable tilting capability and a Bluetooth button to shoot a photo start recording video with one touch. It can be mounted for remote shooting and there’s a wrist tether for added safety.

The Grip Dat folks are currently running a Kickstarter campaign that has surpassed its $9,500 goal. Backers who pledge $25 or more will be in line to get a Grip Dat when the gadget ships in September. You can get a closer look at the Grip Dat on the Kickstarter page and follow @gripdatnow on Twitter.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top