Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I.CX offers easy encryption

1/21/2015

In these days of hacked mobile phones, stolen credit card numbers and email scams everyone could use a little extra security. That's why I.CX is on a mission to make file and message encryption as easy as uploading a photo or sending an email.

"There is no software to download or plug-ins to install, and sending your first encrypted message takes less than a minute," says I.CX co-founder Aidan Gawronski. I.CX encrypts information before it leave your computer "so no vulnerable or sensitive information is ever sent over the Internet or stored in the cloud. Only the sender and recipient can decode it."

To use the free service, visit the I.CX website and sign up with a username and password. Your recipient will also need an I.CX account or you can create a question and answer. The recipient will use the answer as their password to a temporary account.

I.CX also offers a code snippet that users can post as a "Contact Us" form on their website. Visitors who use the contact form will have their data encrypted before it is delivered.

For more details about the service and the company's Pro version, visit the I.CX website. You can also follow I.CX on Twitter.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top