Monday, July 1, 2024

This wireless CarPlay adapter actually works

7/01/2024

Color me both surprised and delighted by how fast and easy it was to get this adapter installed and working. That's not at all what I've experienced with other CarPlay adapters.

My 2017 Hyundai supports wired CarPlay but it may have been the last model year that could not be upgraded for wireless. 

Over the past few months, I tried three different wireless adapters. Each dongle dangled the promise of working with my car and all of them failed, even after communicating with their support services.

Installing this device was clean and simple. I plugged the USB cable into the outlet I had used for wired CarPlay, checked my phone to see that the dongle appeared as a WiFi option, then paired the dongle with my phone in Bluetooth options.

Boom! I had CarPlay as an option on the car’s main menu. And now it appears immediately every time I start the car, even when my phone is in my pocket. No fiddling with the phone or car's setup. 

I'm thinking about taking this dongle with me when I travel and trying in it a rental. If I do, I'll post an update.  




z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top