Sunday, February 6, 2022

This web cam is for the birds

2/06/2022


My house has web cams that monitor pets and kids indoors and people who come to my front door or travel down my street. My next camera may be for the winged visitors.

The Bird Buddy is a bird feeder with a built-in camera that will give you a face-to-face view of the dining customers. And a connected app will also identify each bird species, tell you the types of food that they like, and offer a sample of their bird songs.

In addition to providing bird information and profiles, the company hopes the data that users collect will assist conservation efforts by tracking bird migrations and populations around the globe. 

Bird Buddy feeders are scheduled to ship this spring for $235. The company iOS currently accepting pre-orders.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top