Saturday, February 26, 2022

This pouch makes tracker tags more useful

2/26/2022



As I get older, I get a little more forgetful, so I'm happy to have  technology fill in the missing gaps in my memory. 


The contacts app on my phone remembers the telephone numbers and email addresses of friends and family members. A calendar keeps tract of important dates, my bank's website tracks and pays my bills, and a digital notebook stores my grocery shopping list.

And I was especially delighted to see the arrival of those little wireless tagging devices made by Tile, Apple, Jiobit and other companies. 

I've used them more than once to find my keyring and a misplaced backpack. And then there was the night when a tag steered me to where my car was parked in a massive (and unlighted) parking lot.

Now I've discovered a new accessory that will make these tags even more useful. It's a small zipper pouch called Tracker Keeper whose inventor is currently raising production financing with a campaign on Kickstarter. 

The Tracker Keeper measures about 3 inches by 2 inches - large enough to hold one of those tracker tags while small enough to be discreetly stashed in an unobtrusive location. 

That's the idea behind the Tracker Keeper. Picture the pouch strapped to the seat rail of a bicycle or behind one of the legs on a piece of machinery like an air compressor or gas powered generator. It can be easily attached to just about any item that might be attractive to thieves or vandals.

And although the pouch was designed to hold those diminutive tracking tags, it can also be used to stash and protect keys, cash or other small items. The pouch and zipper are made of waterproof materials. It has a sturdy D-ring to snap it on a carabiner and it's packaged with several attachment accessories: 3 nylon loop straps, 3 rubberized twist ties, and 10 zip ties.  

The Kickstarter campaign has a goal of raising $17,680 before the end of March. Backers who pledge $12 will get one Tracker Keeper with accessories. Supporters who pledge $80 or more get a retail pack of 10 keepers.

To get a closer look at the Tracker Keeper and see more reward options, visit the Kickstarter campaign page and follow Tracker Keeper on Facebook.






z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top