Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chatbot has hotel deals for Messenger users

3/30/2017

One reason that I am steadily increasing my use of Facebook’s Messenger app is its versatility. I can send short messages to people without knowing their phone number.

And now Messenger can provide users with access to discounted hotel rates and a forum for talking about travel.

Mermaids Jetsetter is a chatbot app aimed at people who love to travel. The service uses artificial intelligence technology to interact with users.

After I connected to Mermainds Jetsetter, I was offered hotel deals from Waylo, a service that sends notifications of hotel price reductions, and travel shopping deals, in this case a three-piece set of Samsonite luggage.

I also checked out a travel packing quiz that reminded me to take my passport, health insurance documents and chargers for my electronic gadgets.

To add the chatbot to your personal Messenger account, click to Mermaids Jetsetter in your browser or search “Mermaids Jetsetter” inside Messenger.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top