Saturday, December 17, 2016

Canary offers easy home video monitoring

12/17/2016

The Canary is a video camera designed to keep an eye on your home interior when you’re not there. Like other home cameras, the Canary connects to an iOS or Android mobile app (or Apple TV) but it also includes a few additional features. For example, it owners can activate a shrill 90db siren if they see and intruder.

The Canary also monitors air quality, temperature and humidity and it comes with free cloud storage that retains the past 24 hours of recording form its 147-degree wide-angle lens.

Using a sample of the Canary provided by Verizon Wireless, I had the device set up and linked to my home WiFi in about 10 minutes. I pointed it as a window in my office where our dogs like to watch for the beagle from down the street and harass him on his daily walk.

I was sitting in a coffee shop when I got a notice that the Canary had detected movement in its field of vision. I checked the recorded video and, sure enough, the dogs were raising a racket at the window. Now if they deny it, I'll have the proof.

The Canary all-in-one home security system is available in black or white for $169.99 in the Verizon online store.




z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top