Friday, November 4, 2016

Need a temporary email address? Check out EmailonDeck

11/04/2016

For more than 20 years, I’ve used the same email address for most of my online interactions. Now, as the unwanted advertising clutters my inbox every day, I’ starting to regret that decision.

I’m thinking at EmailonDeck might be a useful alternative. The service quickly and easily generates a temporary email address that you can use when you don’t want to share your primary address. Here’s why EmailonDeck says it created the service:

We want to help you avoid SPAM, protect your online privacy, and stop you from having to give away your personal email address to every company and person on the internet who insists on you giving it to them.

A new address is generated with a simple two-step process: Check the CAPTCHA box to prove you’re not a robot, then click the Get Email button.

The temporary email is very temporary. It lasts less than a day, usually no more than a few hours, so EmailonDeck is not recommended for full time use. It also does not allow outgoing mail, so it can’t be used to generate spam.

The service is free, but desktop users will see an occasional pop-under ad. To get more information and quick and free address, visit the EmailonDeck website.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top