Thursday, August 4, 2016

How to know when Amazon cuts prices

8/04/2016

Like a gazillion other people, I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, from routers and hard drives to children’s toys and laundry detergent. And while I generally find Amazon’s prices to be very competitive, I’m occasionally disappointed to find an item on sale for a price that’s less than what I paid.

Nobody like to overpay and everybody likes a bargain. That’s why I’m going to start using EZ Price Alerts. It’s a web-based service that tracks items sold on Amazon and sends you a alert when the item hits your target price.

Let’s say you have your eye on the Autel Robotics X-Star drone that comes with a 4K onboard camera. As I write this, Amazon sells it for $899 but you only want to spend $799.

After you register with EZ Price Alerts, you can enter the URL or ASIN number for the drone or any other product in Amazon’s catalog and the price you want to pay. The ASIN is a 10-digit product that matches the ISBN number assigned to books but is unique to Amazon for other products.

If Amazon drops the price of the drone to $799 or less, you get an email notification.

The service is free to use and it works for multiple Amazon regions including the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and India.


z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top