Saturday, July 30, 2016

Author uses DIY publishing to tell her story of redemption

7/30/2016

When we published a collection of Bible stories for children that my father-in-law had written in the 1980s, our options were limited. We paid several hundred dollars to a local printing house to get 500 paperback copies and spent more money to promote the book.

Today, anyone with a story to tell can share it with the world with a modest amount of time an money.

Author Jane Zarse, for example, used CreateSpace to publish Love and Compassion Is My Religion: A Beginner's Book into Spirituality. The book is her memoir in which she describes how she overcame alcohol addiction and a self-destructive lifestyle.

Here’s how she described her journal from a child of privilege growing up in Lake Forest, IL, through the depths of despair and back to a life of confidence and love:

“I have been through the worse than the worst phases in my life. I have been at that point from where I could see no way out. But a faith on God and his love has made me what I am today and this is my story to inspire others,” Jane said.

Zarse describes the loss of her mother and how she squandered an education at a top university and jobs as an actress and as a trader on the Chicago Options Exchange. Her key to recovery, she says, is her belief that God never stops loving people and that love can turn a life that seems to be lost in a positive direction.

Love and Compassion Is My Religion: A Beginner's Book into Spirituality is available in a Kindle e-book edition for $4.49 or in paperback for $17.25 in the Amazon bookstore. You can also follow the author @ZarseJane on Twitter.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top