Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chinavasion has a pile of solar chargers

4/15/2015

When I went to Woodstock in 1969, my main concern was whether I had packed enough beer, hot dogs and dry socks.

Today, of course, I would worry about how I was going to keep my cell phone charged for three days of peace and music and would my laptop have enough power to let me file blog updates while watching Game of Thrones?

Pocket battery chargers are fine for short trips and airport layovers. But when your planning to be away from electrical outlets for an extended period, you might want to bring a long a charger that runs on nature’s own sun power.

I found an online source that specializes in a wide variety of solar chargers for all sorts of devices. Hong Kong-based Chinavasion Wholesale Electronics and Gadgets lists more than 40 different solar charges, with most priced at less than $100.

Their lineup includes:

  • Pocket chargers - great for watches and GPS units, but not for phones and tablets.
  • Compact chargers - larger panels make them better for phones.
  • Power banks - these have their own batteries and can be recharged from a wall outlet.
  • Foldable chargers - a good choice for backpackers.

You can browse the full solar catalog along with other gadgets at the Chinavasion website.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top