Friday, August 26, 2022

Yendili wireless mic is a cut above

8/26/2022


How often have you seen videos on YouTube where someone has been recorded using a mobile phone and its built-in mic? The image quality might be acceptable but the audio is often downright awful.

When I started making videos to post on YouTube and product sales sites, I quickly learned that I would need an external microphone if I wanted the sound quality of my videos to be as good as my video.

For interviews, demos or any sort of on-camera speech, the best option for recording audio is a wireless lavalier microphone. The Yendili V10 is a significant step up from many of the wireless mic systems sold online. To hear what I'm talking about, watch the video below.

It comes with a wide range of special features that you may or may not find useful for your video productions. For example, you can use the remote control to insert a reverb effect, adjust recording volume or add laughter or applause on the fly. And it has special setting for capturing priceless karaoke moments.

My needs are less complicated. I want a clean and crisp voice track to go along with my videos. The V10 makes that easy to achieve. The system comes with a variety of cables. There's a dual USB cable for charging both the mic and the receiver; cables to connect the receiver to either an Android or iOS video recording device; and both single and stereo ear buds for monitoring live audio.

The system includes a recording mode that lets a video director - the person with the camera and receiver - speak directly to the person wearing the mic.

For basic recording, power up the receiver and the mic, connect the receiver to the camera device, attach the mic to a spot near your subject's throat and press the "Wireless" button on the remote. I was quite pleased with the results. Hear it for yourself in the short video attached to this review.

Most wireless mic systems use a tiny clip-on mic with a cable connection to a transmitter that can be easily hidden under the subject's clothing. The V10 combines the mic and transmitter into one very visible black plastic square that some video producers might view as an annoying visual interruption.

I think there are enough positioning options, like under a shirt collar, for instance, that the mic won't be noticed, especially if the furry wind shield isn't needed. And, of course, the mic doesn't have to be clipped to clothing. It would work quite well, for example, parked on a desktop for Zoom calls.

The Yendili V10 system is probably more elaborate than what I need for my simple product demo videos but it will likely be welcomed by video creators who do live broadcasts or just want a higher level of audio detail in their content.





z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top