Sunday, June 5, 2016

InRFood knows what's really in that pizza

6/05/2016

I try to be serious about my diet. I really do. I check the the labels on food packages, but I really only understand the part that lists calories. I don’t know how many grams of salt or sugar are too many.

But InRFood knows. It’s an iPhone app that drills deep into packaged foods to tell users more about what’s inside and how it fits their personal diet profile. Does that pizza contain artificial colors, trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, glutamates or GMO ( genetically modified organisms)?

You create a profile based on your age, gender, weight, height and activity level. Then scan the package label on a chicken and pasta dish, for example, and InRFood will tell you if it has more salt that you need and if it’s a good source of vitamins and antioxidants.

InRFood says its database contains more than 500,000 products including private label and international foods. You can add foods and meals to a personal diary to track what you eat and remember what foods and brands will help you achieve your goals.

You can get more details at the InRFood website and download the free app in the iTunes App Store. A version for Androids is in the works.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top