Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Doer app gets serious about task lists

6/21/2016

When I managed a large company website, I had a notebook that was overflowing with things I needed to accomplish: Reports for the vice presidents, design and coding jobs to assign, pages that needed to be fixed and on and on.

I could have made great use of Doer. It’s a new task management app that goes way beyond the simple list-making utilities that have been available since mobile phones arrived.

As you might expect, the app has an Add Task button that lets users enter a description of a task and a deadline. But there’s also a feature called Brain Dump that lets you create titled tasks in bulk that sounds like a great alternative to entering items one at a time.

Tasks that have due dates are assigned a color, those that don’t aren’t. That becomes important when you want Doer to present an overview. You get an instant picture of what’s in the pipeline versus what needs your attention right now.

Doer also supports subtasks and collaboration - both handy features for times when you have assigned a task to an employee or a group. It will also send reminders to keep those people on track. And it allows you to attach items such as photos and voice memos to tasks.

There were several times when I would have been thrilled to have had my complete work plan just a click away on my mobile phone. Like when my boss called after hours to ask how her pet project was coming along.

The app hasn’t yet been released, but you can get more information about it at the Doer website where you can sign up to be notified when it’s available.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top