Thursday, October 8, 2015

New service offers website backups

10/08/2015

I have an account with a local server company that I opened several years ago. It includes hosting space for a couple of small websites. I haven’t had any issues in the past, but that doesn’t insure the future.

What if the company’s building burns down or my files get lost or stolen? Do I have a backup? Do they? I don’t know.

I do know that there are services like Backup My-Website that offer safe file storage similar to what Carbonite offers for files stored on desktop computers and mobile devices.

The company offers schedule daily or weekly site backups that include MySQL database and emails. A starter package that includes one website and one database, up to 0.5 GB, with seven days of backup history. The company is currently offering the package as a free trial for 30 days. Packages for multiple sites and larger storage limits are also available.

For more information, check out the home website for Backup My-Website.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top