Friday, September 25, 2015

Zero wallet is thin, strong and stylish

9/25/2015

My dad was a fat wallet guy. The big lump in his back pocket was a tattered leather wallet containing a collection of IDs, business cards, newspaper clippings, paper money and everything else he thought he might need at a moment’s notice.

I carry just as much stuff, but it’s in digital form stored on my mobile phone. For me, a wallet is something that holds my driver’s license, one or two credit cards and maybe a few dollars for bartenders and Uber drivers. That’s why I like the look of Zero, a slim but sturdy card wallet that comes with RFID security.

The leather wallet has five card slots, an elastic band and a belly area for cash. It also has both shielding to protect cards with RFID chips and a slot that lets you use those cards at tap-to-pay terminals.

The Zero wallet is in the final days of a Kickstarter campaign where the Melbourne-based developers have raised more than twice their target amount. The additional money will be used to develop enhanced version like a wallet with a companion USB drive.

The Kickstarter campaign is offering early bird specials starting at $29 AU (about $20 US). You can get the full Zero story on the Kickstarter page. You can also follow @rivalc0llective on Twitter and on Facebook or Instagram.


Zero - The Slimmest RFID secured card wallet ever! from RivalCollective on Vimeo.






z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top