Thursday, July 30, 2015

This charging cable will be long and strong

7/30/2015

After decades of travel, I’ve learned two key lessons about the charging cables I carry for my portable gadgets: they can never be too strong or too long. I’ve had cheap cables fall apart at critical times and I’ve stayed in too many hotel rooms where the wall outlet was on the other side of the room.

The folks who developed Strong Cable know what I’m talking about. They created an extra long 3 meter cable that’s wrapped in tangle-free woven fabric.

Strong Cable is currently raising production capital through a Kickstarter campaign that ends in about three weeks. Donations that qualify for a Strong Cable reward start at $18. Shipping is expected in September.

The cable creators say they plan to submit their Lightning cable to Apple for MFI certification. They will also offer the cable with a micro USB tip.

For more details, check out the Strong Cable page on Kickstarter.



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top