Tuesday, May 12, 2015

EventBlocks finds hotel deals for convention goers

5/12/2015

The last time I went to a convention in Washington, D.C., I spent two nights in a stranger’s guest room that I booked through one of those sharing services. I would have preferred a nice private hotel room, but I couldn’t afford the rates at hotels near the convention site.  

A new web service called EventBlocks might have saved saved me from the awkwardness or showering in someone else’s bathroom. 

EventBlocks matches conventions and other events with hotel rooms close to the event site. Going to the National Restaurant Association trade show in Chicago this month? EventBlocks lists rooms that go for less than $50. 

The service lists more than 20,000 events, including big trade shows like the New York Shoe Expo and smaller events like the Fuel Ethanol Workshop in Minneapolis. EventBlocks lists many of the special group rates available to attendees, and it lets you compare rates at nearby hotels that might not be affiliated with the event. 


Like the big travel sites, EventBlocks lets you search by star rating and price scale. It sorts hotels by price or distance, plots locations on an attractive interactive map and provides reviews from TripAdvisor.  Next time you need a room near the Battle Creek Air Show or the Chatham-Kent Ribfest, give EventBlocks a try. 



z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top