Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CES was a spa for my iPhone

1/14/2014

Rambling around International CES was hard on my feet but it was a visit to the spa for my iPhone.

It got an bacteria-killing light bath courtesy of PhoneSoap. The company's $50 charging box disinfects phones by bathing them in UV light. The PhoneSoap folks say the average mobile phone is 18 times dirtier than a public restroom. Yikes!

At the Tylt booth, we got a new screen protector applied using the Alin, Tylt's $25 idiot-proof alignment tool. We also picked up a colorful Tylt charging cable with a Lightning connector. The $30 cable is super-sturdy, looks cool and doesn't bark at me like the cheap Lightning cables I bought on eBay.

Last stop was the Evutec booth, where my phone was outfitted for one of their Karbon S cases. The $40 case is made of fused layers or DuPont Kevlar fibers. Less than 1 mm thick, it fits like a second skin. Evutec says the material is five times stronger than the equivalent weight in steel - and it doesn't block the cellular signal.
  




z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top