Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gear for the well-wired student

8/22/2013

LiveScribe Smartpen
When I packed off to college - and that was more than a few years ago - my collection of high-tech gadgets was pretty small. I had a portable typewriter, a reel-to-reel tape recorder and a transistor radio.

Students today are better equipped than the Apollo astronauts. In my area, even some middle school students are getting outfitted with laptop computers. Instead of lugging heavy backpacks stuffed with hardback text books, they carry a svelte little Chromebook and go online to read digital versions of textbooks and study aids.

I got to thinking about what I would take along if I were going back to campus today.Of course, there would be a portable computer, one that would work just as well in my dorm room, at the library or my favorite coffee stop. 

What else? Maybe the Livescribe Sky Wi-Fi Smartpen that captures audio and turns my scribbled notes into text. 

To see what else is on my list of gadgets for the well-wired student, check out my column at MyWell-Being.com.

 


z

Written by

Follow me on Twitter @ricmanning and read my technology columns at My Well Being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013- GizmoEditor.com. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism Templateism

Back To Top